Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Weekly Weigh-In

On Take Shape For Life (TSFL), I weigh in once a week and record my weight and measurements at five different places on my body.  I will be posting those numbers here for the world to see, which some may call insane; I call it ACCOUNTABILITY.  If everyone reading this blog sees my measurements, I'm less tempted to cheat and make those numbers go UP rather than down.

Since this is my first weigh-in post, I will post my starting measurements, so you can see how far I have come in five months.

Starting Measurements:
Weight--238.0
Chest--48.75"
Left Bicep--15.75"
Waist--49.5"
Hip--51.5"
Left thigh--30"

These are the measurements I took this morning, at twenty weeks on plan:
Weight--176.6
Chest--40"
Left Bicep--12"
Waist--36.5"
Hip--40.5"
Left Thigh--22.75"

Total weight lost as of today: 61.4 pounds
Total inches lost as of today: 43.25"

WOW.  Just seeing those numbers again makes me realize just how far I have come.  I've lost more than a foot off my waist alone!  I also took another "in progress" picture today and the comparison to when I began is mind-blowing.



I cannot believe I ever looked that bad.  It is pure motivation to stay on plan, when I see that "before" picture and how unhealthy I looked (and was!).  It's not easy, by any stretch, but by following the plan I look and feel SO MUCH BETTER.

Yay for health!

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you! Let me know if you need anything :-)
    Much love to you my dear friend!!!

    ReplyDelete