Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Ease Into 5K: Week 4, Day 1

Or, as I wanted to call this post: THE APOCALYPSE.

I had so many fears about this day.  Most stemmed from the fact that up until now, I was super-proud of myself for jogging an entire three minutes in a row, and even that was a struggle.  Then I saw today's intervals, and I nearly choked: Run four minutes, walk two, run six minutes, walk three, run four minutes, walk two.  Then collapse on the ground and assume the fetal position.  (Okay, so I added that last bit.)  So, after my eye appointment and a quick favor to a friend, I put in my earphones and headed out.  I was in my little village today, which was actually kind of nice; it's such a sweet little village and on my run today I actually got to go to parts of it that I rarely see.  And the change of scenery, coupled with some AWESOME music from my workout playlist, made today's run easier.  I won't say easy; the first run was extremely hard--my legs felt like lead pretty much throughout the run--and that six-minute run nearly did me in.  But it was only slightly awful, as opposed to the scene from Revelation that I was imagining.


Time--30:59
Distance--2.11 miles


Friday is supposed to be Day 2, but we are getting up early to catch a train to Disneyland Paris (yes, I said Disneyland Paris ... my excitement cannot be measured with current technology) so I am not sure what this will do to my training.  I have half a mind to get up extremely early and fit it in before we leave.  If you know me, you know how much I absolutely HATE mornings, so the fact that I'm even considering this is a big deal.  More than likely I will try to get it in while we are at the park, although I'm not even sure if THAT will work. In any case, I hope I can fit in at least one run while we are gone.  We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment