Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Ease Into 5K: Week 2, Day 1

HOLY LONG RUNS, BATMAN.

I was totally prepared for this workout to suck.  After all, I had to take an extra two days off due to a sick kiddo, so I knew my body would be protesting a bit.  And while the runs were harder, and winded me more, it wasn't the worst thing I've ever done.  Ask me again Friday, on Day 2, and I might have a different opinion, though.  I have no idea when I will fit in Day 3 since every other day I will have the Munchkin with me (also known as She Who Hates the Stroller) but maybe I can bribe the wee one with some ice cream if she behaves long enough for me to get through it.  Yep, I'm that momma.

Summary:
Time--32:05
Distance--2.15mi

Ran on the track on base today, which was an unexpected venue since not an hour before I began, it was absolutely pouring rain.  The rain stopped, and the clouds were pretty much gone by the time I started, but the wind was HOWLING.  And the rain brought out all of the slimy creepy-crawlies.  It was like a slug/earthworm minefield on that track.

2 comments:

  1. So, you are running MUCH faster than me! I did the same workout and only went 1.96 miles. Very impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you counting the distance in the warm up/cool down parts? I am.

      Delete