Monday, August 23, 2010

Yeah ... um ...

As Robert Burns once wrote, "The best laid pans of mice and men oft go awry."  Actually, it wasn't that easily pronounced, to which anyone who's taken a course on British poetry can attest.

Anyway, I had every intention of getting up this morning, donning my walking shoes, and hitting the road with The Munchkin.  Instead, I woke up, got her up and fed her, let her play for about 30 minutes, then put her to bed and proceeded to sleep on the couch for three hours.  I thought I was over this cold, and now I'm fairly certain that I am, but I guess there was just a little bit hanging on.  The sleep definitely helped, and she slept the entire time that I did as well.  Guess we both needed some sleep.

So because of that, I didn't get in the workout I had intended.  I had to run a couple of errands after lunch, and after The Munchkin's afternoon nap I attempted to take her for a walk around the village, but torrential rains cut our walk very short.

I don't feel behind, though, and tomorrow's walk will feel good to get under my belt and help me back into the groove.

1 comment:

  1. You should totally crank up the radio and have a dance party...it's gets your heart rate up and Ellie will love it!! SOOOO glad you are feeling better! And you are so right, from a true nap lover, it never hurt anyone to snooze a little!

    ReplyDelete