Friday, August 27, 2010

If I wasn't already married ...

... I'd propose to my new running shoes.

SERIOUSLY.

They are so different from my old shoes, it's insane.  I started walking today, and I actually had to look down to remind myself I was actually wearing shoes.  They were so light, my brain kept fooling me into thinking I was walking in my socks.  My ankles didn't burn AT ALL.  Not even at the beginning, which I completely expected since I hadn't walked in earnest in a full week.  So that leads me to believe that those old shoes were too heavy for my feet.  It's a little weird, though; these new shoes are "walking" shoes, and the old ones are "running" shoes, and I'd think that the runners would be lighter than the walkers since you don't want extra weight keeping you grounded when you run.  Maybe that's just my uneducated guessing, though.

Anyway, I think I did pretty well for not having done any serious workouts in a week.  I'm going to walk on base tomorrow and break them in further.  Maybe The Munchkin will let me walk a full three miles this time!

Who new a new pair of shoes would make such a difference??

2 comments:

  1. I actually swapped to New Balances a few weeks ago and I know what you mean! They're so light and comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not the walking/running comparision that's the difference, it's the New Balance/Asics comparision! Once you go NB, you never go back (except maybe Saucony, they are pretty awesome too). I'm so glad to hear they have helped you be pain free!

    ReplyDelete