Sunday, September 30, 2012

Ladies and gentlemen ...

Hey there, hi there, ho there!

Okay, so I should have restarted this blog about five months ago.  BIG changes in my life ... BIG!

First, you'll notice the name of the blog is different.  I am no longer trying to lose weight in order to conceive.  Obviously, the reasons are personal, but we just felt like it wasn't the right time for us.  So, moving on ...

I have actually found a plan that is working like gangbusters.  I have been on MediFast's Take Shape For Life plan now for almost five months, and I have lost a mind-blowing 57 pounds.  Yes, you read that right: FIFTY-SEVEN.  I can hardly believe it myself, until I get dressed in the morning and my "skinny" pants fall right off. I still have 43 to go until I reach my goal weight, but it seems like a much more attainable weight now that over half of it is gone.



I had been doing well with exercise as well, walking at least two miles about three times a week, and I had even been incorporating some jogging in as well.  Then I got appendicitis.  YEOWCH.  I'm about three weeks post-op, though, so I'm planning on getting back on track (pun intended) tomorrow.  Don't fret, though; I will be easing back into things.

So this is a formal "hi again" and a promise to try to update this thing more often.  If you're still following me, thanks for hanging out for so long!

Disclaimer: I am in no way being compensated by MediFast for mentioning their programs on this blog.  I just think they rock.

3 comments:

  1. So proud of you for sharing your journey! You will be helping so many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Heather I am so proud of you! You rock girl! I don't know anything about the plan you are on but if you ever need any healthy receipes I've got a bunch from when Kevin lost all his weight in Columbus. Not nearly as much as you but hey he's not as motivated.

    I can't wait to see you!
    Hugs
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE some of those recipes. If Kevin liked them, they have to be good!! :-)

      Delete